Tuesday, January 5, 2021

 

POST #21-21 

Back At Lake Pleasant To Meet A Friend!  

Subscribe to our Blog! 

Get E-Mail notifications about new posts!

Fill the CONTACT US TO SUBSCRIBE fields!

********

Tap any photo or video to enlarge/play.

Tap any underlined links to follow. 

********

On Monday, January 4th we left Alamo Lake and headed back to Lake Pleasant Regional Park…just a bit northwest of Phoenix.  Before we left Alamo we sent up the Drone and got some footage and then edited it into a video you can watch HERE.  We think it turned out pretty good!

It's a ruggedly beautiful place! And about 5 degrees warmer than we have been experiencing lately!  Our campsite is at the end of a loop and built on top of an ancient lava outcrop interlaid with bands of welded volcanic ash…


This is the view out our back window…the big rocks are chunks of basalt lava...they are full of gas bubble holes.  The Saguaros are magnificent!


While we were setting up our camp an old friend from our last visit here a couple of weeks ago came running into camp…

We were about a hundred yards from our earlier campsite, this fun little Roadrunner must be smart enough to recognize the rig or us…he came right up to us again looking for a handout…he knew  we were good for it!  We obliged!  Watch this video!>>>

As you can see I got him to jump up on my shoe to get the treat!  My goal is to get him to jump up into my lap to get it…We shall see!!

He came back the next morning, and convinced Barbi to give him a handout too!  We will call him MEEP!  Watch this video!>>>

Later in the afternoon 8 balloons appeared in the air behind us…They are always interesting to me because I was heavily involved in ballooning for over 20 years starting in 1980...

Over the years I had 7 Balloons, a charter ride business, a balloon dealership and an FAA Repair station.  It was fun, I made good money doing it…but outgrew it as I got older.  Last few time I went out to watch the Balloons launch here they asked me to come work for them…Thanks for the offer – but I’ll pass! Here's the 7 balloons...

And then, after the balloons, we were blessed by another awesome Arizona Sunset!



We are here for 7 days and will keep you posted on the goings on around here at Lake Pleasant…and oh yes…the adventures of Meep!

Until Next Time!



1 comment: